Orange County History
African-American History & Genealogy
- Afro-American Sources in Virginia: A Guide to Manuscripts, Edited by Michael Plunkett
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society
- Carter G. Woodson Institute for African-American and African Studies
- Race and Place: An African-American Community in the Jim Crow South (Charlottesville, Virginia)
- The Jackson Davis Collection of African-American Educational Photographs History of education in the South and related sources
- Library of Congress
- African-American Sheet Music, 1850-1920: Selected from the Collections of Brown University
- The African-American Experience in Ohio: Selections from the Ohio Historical Society
- Virginia Humanities
- African-American Historic Sites Database accessible via a web site and via apps for android and Apple devices
- African American Genealogical Society of Northern California provides links to lots of interesting material on a broad range of issues relevant to African-American Genealogy.
- West African Research Association WARA seeks to enhance U.S. and West African scholarship and increase interest in international affairs among Americans through a reciprocal program of research exchange between American and West African scholars and institutions. The West African Research Center (WARC) is WARA’s overseas office, based in Dakar, Senegal.
- The Freedmen’s Bureau Online provides a great wealth of material, including transcriptions of various records from the Freedmen’s Bureau and information about current efforts to preserve the original records. From Freedmen’s Bureau Online, you can also reach the Black History Pages and many genealogical websites.